This bride-to-be guide is meant to help you every step of the wedding planning. From beating the stress to getting your skin glowing, we have an essential oil solution for you.
Planning a wedding can be stressful but you can take a few moments our of your day to relax, and remember that LOVE is why you started this journey and the most important person to love is yourself.
No matter how you prefer to practice self-care, incorporating pure essential oils is always a good idea. If you haven’t explored the world of essential oils yet, there are SO many benefits. From healthy hair and glowing skin, to support for your digestive and immune system, to a signature "perfume" on your big day or to help combat anxiety and stress that might come along with the planning, the options are endless.
I will show you some great options!
How to Use Essential Oils 101
There 3 ways to use essential oils: topically, internally, and aromatically.
- Aromatically: The simplest way to benefit from essential oils is via aromatically. Take a whiff straight from the bottle, add some drops to a scarf or cotton ball, or put some a couple drops in the shower and inhale the aroma. Diffusing is also a great way to have your home smell delicious and reap the benefits of the power of oils.
- Topically: Add a drop to your wrist or the back of your neck to harness the oil’s healing powers! You can make your own "pure-fume" and get rid of the toxic perfumes that can harm your hormones.
- Internally: One of the best ways to use oils is internally. Not all oils are meant to be taken internally but you can get some great results with the ones that are able to.
For Emotional Situations
If your stressed or anxious:
Adaptiv: The new Adaptiv line of oil, roller and supplement were made for stressful moments. Designed for adapting to life's stressors this one is a perfect blend for dealing with anxiousness.
- Try it: Put a few drops in some epsom salts and add to a warm bath to help ease the stress from the day.
Lavender: | One of the most versatile oils, Lavender is famous for is calming capabilities due to it's high % of linalool(known for it's calming properties) This oil can help with anything from sleepless nights, anxiousness and irritability.
- Try it: Create a calming pillow spray by adding 10-15 drops of lavender with distilled water in a 2oz glass spray bottle. Spray on your pillow before bed.
For Physical Wellbeing
If you feel a cold coming on:
On Guard | This blend combines Wild Orange, Clove, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus, Rosemary to fight and kill germs.
- Try it: When it comes to getting sick before the wedding, you need to do all the things! Diffuse all day long, roll on the bottom of your feet, take internally. To make an immune boosting tea, add 2-3 drops to a cup of herbal tea with local honey and lemon. Repeat morning and night.
If you an energy boost:
Peppermint | One of the most popular oils, peppermint can be used for so many things like eliminating nerves, nausea, clearing sinuses and halting headaches. But energy is what Peppermint is known for.
- Try it: Keep a bottle in your purse and inhale as needed. Put a drop in your water or in your mouth for a pick-me-up and (bonus) fresh breath!
If you are feeling a little lousy(hangover) the next day:
ZenGest | A blend known for it’s calming properties of Ginger, Fennel, Coriander, Peppermint, Tarragon, Anise, and Caraway. This oil will help with any situations where you may have indulged a little too much, whether it’s drinks or food.
- Try it: Add a drop to your water or put directly under tongue to improve digestion and alleviate those unhappy tummy situations.
If you want to boost metabolism:
Grapefruit | Grapefruit is a natural appetite suppressant and metabolism booster. If you’re wanting to be your healthiest version of yourself on your wedding day, Grapefruit is a great supporter. PS. it’s also known to reduce cellulite!
- Try it: Add a couple drops to sparkling water for a refreshing afternoon drink. For cellulite, try dry brushing with the oil or massage it on your skin with unfragranced body lotion or coconut oil.
There are so many more options for self care when it comes to your wedding day, please reach out if you have questions.
Enjoy the process and be your best self on your wedding day!
Feel free to pin this image so you can come back to it for inspiration and info.